Monday, August 22, 2011

Attraction

I must stop turning up to work on Monday with a hangover. It is a truly shit way to start the week. The day drags as I spend my time yawning and occasionally shuffling books. The Library Officer gives me a lift home and it is obvious that he is being friendly rather than interested in me. I sneak glances at him, trying to work out why I find him attractive, when he is my parents' age, has a wonky nose and a bit of a belly. But he also has a smile that transforms his face and gives him a certain rascally charm. Also, I've never had the most conventional taste in men.

Hungover and tired, I struggle to make conversation and stare out of the window at the world zooming by. When I arrive home, I'm disappointed that I didn't try harder to talk. I'm enjoying having a crush on him and don't want reality to get in the way of my fantasies.

No comments:

Post a Comment