"Stay the night, stay the night, stay the night," The Library Officer says. At first I say no and then doubt my decision as he kisses me again. It's all happening quicker than I expected: only a few hours earlier I had texted him asking about his day and then he called to ask if I wanted to come 'round to his place. He picked me up and we went to the pub and then back to his house where we sat on his sofa, chatting awkwardly, until he kissed me. "I should have done that hours ago," he said. He stares at me, twinkly-eyed and smiling. "Please stay the fucking night!" I'm surprised by how attracted I am to him. I straddle his lap and take my top off. "Stay the night! I promise we can just cuddle." I laugh and say that's not very likely. "Whatever you want, honey." He kisses my neck, finalising my decision.
"I will have to call my parents," I say, feeling embarrassed. I'm thirty-five years old and living at home but he doesn't seem to care. I call home, dreading the conversation, but it goes straight to the answer machine and I have to leave a message. "I'm staying at a friend's house," I mumble, conscious of him listening.
Upstairs, in his bedroom, we get undressed and tumble into bed. And we don't just cuddle.
No comments:
Post a Comment