After a stressful day at work, raging hormones, an argument with my mum, and several glasses of wine, I sent an email to my ex that ended with "I miss you, I miss you, I miss you..."
I regretted it immediately and thought about sending another email asking him to ignore the earlier email but I was also quite intrigued as to what his response might be. It took him a few days to reply and then his email did mention my "intensity" and whether being back in touch was a good thing, before pretty much ignoring what I had written and talking about something else. I felt kind of slapped down, like I'd overstepped a boundary and been put in my place. It made me cringe.
I do miss him, though. At times the pain has been so acute it has felt like someone taking a mallet to my heart and Schnitzelising it, leaving a bruised piece of meat where my heart used to be.
I don't miss how our relationship used to be, but I do miss him.
I miss him, I miss him, I miss him...
No comments:
Post a Comment